Medicaid strategies, expedited Medicaid applications & coordination of interim & long-term services
Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that helps with medical costs for some people with limited income and resources. Medicaid also offers benefits not normally covered by Medicare, like Long Term Home Care/Nursing Home Care and Assisted Living.
- Community Medicaid pays for home care without a five-year look-back of assets
- Assisted living can be fully or partially covered by Community Medicaid in some assisted living facilities
- Institutional Medicaid has a five-year look-back (all banking, annuity, portfolio transfers & transactions) but that does not preclude the protection of some assets, spouse’s assets, dependent children or their home. We are experts on financial rules & protections.
- Call us for a Medicaid consultation that explores your individual situation with recommendations for protection of assets, which may include an expert Elder Law Attorney referral
- Immediate Need Medicaid Home Care Applications/Expedited Medicaid is an option for those in immediate need. This helps us speed up the Medicaid home care approval to as little as seven (7) days and Medicaid home care in as little as twelve (12) days
- We will apply for Medicaid only when we are certain of approval and will work with you and/or your attorney until we achieve that goal
Medicaid re-certifications to achieve & maintain zero surplus
Community Medicaid is to be re-certified yearly and we recommend to our clients that we prepare and submit Recertifications to HRA and their MLTC’s on their behalf so that services are not discontinued mistakenly and to maintain a zero surplus.